The American-Turkish Council needs full and part-time interns at all times. The ATC will provide opportunities for interns to meet and liaise with a diverse array of high-level private sector representatives and international clients from private corporations, civil society groups, research institutions, as well as senior U.S. and Turkish government officials. Interns can look forward to being part of an engaging environment focused on matters important to Turkish-American relations. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to work on the ATC Annual Conference (September 27-30, 2015), the largest of our bi-national events, featuring a variety of sector workshops, dinners, and receptions with participation of over 800 attendees per annum.
Main Office Duties:
- Researching and writing for the Monthly Newsletter; sent to the corporate membership
- Helping with faxing, photocopying and various levels of correspondence needed for meetings and other activities within the office
- Assisting the Executive Director and Program Directors in preparing for events
- Name Tags
- Place Cards
- Attendee Lists
- Assisting in program implementation
- Helping Finance Department with documentation, registration and filing
- Conducting research as needed by ATC staff, including sector and issue-specific research
- Assist in marketing efforts and activities
Interns will assist in all aspects of preparation for the Annual Conference. This includes, but is not limited to administrative tasks (schedule preparation, list design and upkeep, committee workshop preparation, organizing signage, information, and welcome packets), program management (scheduling of Conference events and programs, registration and guest assignments), and oversight duties (recruitment and assistance of volunteers). Interns work closely with the President, Communications and Marketing Director, Lead Program Associate, and the Membership Development and Programs Director.
This is an unpaid position. The hours are negotiated according to the schedule of the intern. All who work at the ATC are requested to follow the code of ethics of the work place.
To apply please send a resume to Zabe Shafi at firstname.lastname@example.org